Refurbishment of the Lower Ground to Third Floors of the Charter House building for One YMCA in Watford, providing 11 affordable step-down units, 23 social rent move-on units, a new welcome desk, offices and reception area.
Client: One YMCA
Project Management & Contract Administration: EEDN
EEDN are engaged as Client Representatives and Employer's Agent on this project, providing a powerful duo of driving the project forward whilst ensuring that the tight timelines are adhered to.
- Challenging programme of works working around funding constraints of start on site and finishing each section of works.
- Existing and occupied 1960s building with Asbestos requiring a close management of the programme and logistics strategy.
- Introduction of a new sprinkler system in the building whilst works are being carried out.
Our value added
- Our thorough understanding of procurement mechanisms in construction allowed us to review and implement a bespoke strategy for the procurement of the works of the project, whilst maximising cost and programme certainty.
- Management of logistics on site with moving internal teams to enable areas of work.
- Close and proactive stakeholder management.